2.22.2008

Proof Things Never Change for The Cubbies...

just the culprits. Last year it was Carlos Zambrano and his lame prediction. This year an even more milktoast picther is giving me cause to chuckle. Just when I thought I wouldn't have anything to blog about today, Ryan Dempster of the Cubs gives me blog-fodder.

From MLB.com

Dempster opened Spring Training by predicting the Cubs will win the World Series, and Baltimore's Kevin Millar had a response to that.
"I'm guaranteeing a 2008 World Series," Millar said. "Everybody else is. I'm going on the record right now. We're going to shock the world. I don't know who Dempster is in Chicago but if he thinks he's going to win the World Series, he has to come through us first."
Millar had one more prediction: "I'm going deep off Ryan Dempster."

"I don't know who Dempster is in Chicago." That is AWESOME! Predictions are the lamest things an athlete can do. To borrow from Jim Rome, "No one remembers when they don't come true, and everyone thinks you're a genius when they do." Kewdohs to Millar for, in a satirical way, pointing out this tom-assery. This team barely made the playoffs, only because of the Brewers choke job, then got embarrassed in the playoffs. Now a pitcher who will be as memorable a Cub's pitcher as Terry Adams or Heathcliff Slocumb suddenly thinks they can topple the AL. Dempster, focus on changing yourself from a mediocre closer to a mediocre starter and leave the predictions to the fans.

No comments: