4.08.2009

Milwaukee 6 San Francisco 10, 0-1
I kept positive about Suppan getting the ball but I knew the offense would have to show up big time against Tim Lincecum in SF. For the most part, the bats did show up, chasing Lincecum after 3, but Suppan, and every pitcher that followed for the Crew gave up at least 1 run. In 4 innings he allowed 6 earned, which was oddly similar to Sabathia's line in his NY debut, and his RBI double is not going to erase those tallies.

The fact that the Crew scored all these runs without a HR is notable, but minor in the face of all the problems exposed in the pitching staff by chalking up 10 to an offense that most considered anemic. Even Bush got touched up for a run in reliefe. I was happy to see Weeks have a good day at the plate, 2-3 with a walk, a double, a steal, a run scored and an RBI. Only game 1, but if I'm going to focus on Suppan's flaws, I feel I need to recognize another's improvements.

No comments: