4.02.2008

Attaboy Rickie

What a game today! I tell myself that 2-0 is nothing to get excited about, but winning on the road, winning at Wrigley, winning against the pre-season pick to win the division, that gets me excited. Listened to the first inning before going to work and felt great about Ricky hitting that first pitch dinger. I'm worrying he's pressing to much as the lead off man, so hopefully he'll relax a little more.

Does anyone remember Uecker ripping LaRussa for doing the "pitcher batting 8th" thing a few years ago? I wonder how he feels about that now... especially when Kendall reached base 5 times today.

The Yost-haters were pissed on the JSO blog today about Kapler getting the start over Gwynn, but you can't argue with righty vs. lefty logic. My question is why trot Riske out for a second inning? I like the guy and all, (and I still think he could be our closer before the season is out), but isn't a 6 run lead a good time to get Turnbow in there for some work and confidence building?

Tomorrow don't have to go into REI until 3:30, so I should be able to listen to the whole game and take my stab at the running game blog on JSO. Some of the bloggers on there really need a reality check, and flame warring complete strangers seems like a great way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: