5.02.2008

Game 28- W Chicago (N) 16-12 1.4 GB
I had a feeling through most of this game that it wasn't going to happen. I listened to the entire game at home while dicking around on the new computer, but wasn't sure I could sit through another loss. Outs on the basepaths, Giovanni Soto killing the Crew and runners left on base were frustrating me. Then Gallardo went down in a collision near first base. I didn't see it, but it sounded bad. Yet another reason why I thought this team would be doomed to be the Brewers for the rest of my life. But Gallardo not only stayed in there, but pitched another inning. Zambrano and Marmol kept the lineup handcuffed for most of the day, but thankfully, Kerry Wood is still the Cubs closer. Braun was able to get things going with 3RBI and a HR. He palayed a critical part in the 9th with a 2 run double and Gagne, after walking the leadoff man, shut things down. Shouse apparently got the win for doing nothing more than picking a man off first. Crew has now won 4 of 6 at Wrigley.

No comments: