5.02.2008

Game 29- L Houston 16-13
I think the biggest hurt came today when, during a lull in REI's Anniversary Sale, I decided to check Brewers.com for a start time of tonights game. There was the headline I really didn't think I would see. Gallardo had a torn ACL. All I had to see was that all CAPS "ACL" and I knew the whole story from that. He would be gone the rest of the season and the Crew now has a major hole in it's rotation. Tonight's come from ahead loss almost seems a footnote to that news. From the way Gallardo's fall was described, I guess it should be no surprise it was is ACL. But obviously the fact that he pitched another inning on it led most Brewer fans to believe the Brewers dodged a bullet. I think what this means for the Brewers is they will have to make an acquisition at some point in the season for a top line pitcher. If Melvin has any brains, he's already got a list of young talent the Brewers would be willing to part at the trade deadline to get the Brewers over the hump... if they are still in the race.

No comments: