5.06.2008

Game 32: 3-0 Loss to Florida. Brewers now 16-16
I listened to barely a third of the game, went to JSO to get the just of it. What I thought when I saw that row of 0's on the linescore is that, "this looks familiar". A beatable lefthander in Scott Olsen makes the Brewers lineup look pathetic again. Hall came up with the basesloaded and two out in the 9th, swung at the first pitch and lined out. Suppan takes the collar in a game where giving up 3 wins should get you a W. It's hard for me NOT to be upset with Yost. Even Melvin has me wondering. Did he get too high on his own press? Thinking that he could pull magic from every risk, gamble and reclamation project out there? Did success in non-standard aquisitions keep him from wisely managing the personel? Perhaps more should have been done to improve the offense then look for bargains and stick with "guys with potential". I'm asking way too many questions for my liking. I'll sum up by saying Yost shouldn't make it through the season if this team doesn't make a drastic turn around and Melvin should be choosing his moves wisely. Dealing Sheets at the deadline now seems wiser and wiser a move, not because Sheets is a liability, but because the Crew could be out of it.

In positive Brewer notes, an article in the JSO highlighted a study by Bill James that the '82 Brewers infield was tied with the '76 Reds as the best infield since 1934.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=747811

No comments: